In the last week we had a grease fire on the stove put out with baking soda just in time to save the whole stove from going into flames and burning the house down. The fish I was cooking turned out fine, but I got a grease burn on my thigh from pulling it off the stove too fast.
We were so tired after eating the fish that we went to bed.
While we were sleeping our neighbor rearranged our entire pole shed in order to bring in fresh cut hay from our field. Neither one of us heard him do this. He had to move the lawnmower as well as the bobcat.
The pole shed is about 100 feet from the house and the dogs never barked.
We decided to unload the hay rack today as it was quite a problem getting to do anything in the shed anymore especially getting to the already stacked hay. Unloading the rack meant moving everything around.
I noticed a hole on the hay rack bed and told myself I would not step into it.
Unfortunately, while I was throwing bales off the rack, I fell right into the hole on the bed of the rack about 5 bales after noticing the hole and hurt my leg. My left leg got hurt bad and I have the biggest bruise I have ever had on it now. I have been icing it down.
In the meantime, I have also been trying to clean up the stove. Currently, I am in day two of cleaning, though I prefer to call it, “restoration.”
I’m leaving you with a few pictures of the stuff we had to haul out of the shed before I hurt myself.
Oh yeah, since I don’t post that often, I am having a hard time getting the photos right. But as we say in Minnesota, “That’s small potatoes!”
Who’d have thought getting older could be so exciting?